HOW TO CREATE A ZOOM MEETING
Log into your Zoom account from a web browser
Click on ‘Meetings’
Click ‘Schedule a Meeting’
Enter the Topic (title), Description, Time (When), Duration and Time Zone.
Continuing scrolling to enable/ disable a few required key features for your Zoom Webinar Expo experience:
- Registration Required - UNCHECKED
- Meeting ID - Generate Automatically: CHECKED
- Password: CHECKED
- Waiting Room: CHECKED
- Video: Host and Participant On - CHECKED
- Audio: Both - CHECKED
- Meeting Options: Mute Participants Upon Entry - OPTIONAL
- Meeting Options: Only authenticated users can join - UNCHECKED
- Meeting Options: Automatically record meeting - OPTIONAL
**NOTE Only Authenticated users can join requires all attendees to have a Zoom account. You do not need this for Expo Pass. Please also check your account level settings to make sure this is NOT enabled.
See the Zoom Help Article HERE for more details.
Lastly, you can add Alternative Hosts. These would be any speakers or panelists you have for the meeting.
Click on SAVE for your meeting.
When you click Schedule you will be directed to the Manage “My Meetings” page. You will need the Meeting ID and Password to embed your Zoom Webinar in the Event Platform.
You will need the Invite Link if you are using a URL in Expo Pass.
If you scroll to the bottom of the Manage "My Meetings" page, here is where you will Save this Meeting as a Template, Edit this Meeting, Start Your Meeting, and enter Polls. You can also convert the Meeting to a Webinar if you have webinar capabilities through Zoom.
- Please note that Polling will NOT work if you are embedding Zoom Meeting into the Expo Pass Virtual Platform.
Other helpful articles regarding Zoom Webinars and Meetings:
If you have any other questions, please reach out to your dedicated Event Success Manager or review other help articles in our: