Follow these simple steps to add a recorded Vimeo Video to your Virtual Session.
**Please note, you will need a Vimeo account and the appropriate membership. Any level Vimeo account can upload a video onto their platform, however, free accounts are limited to 500mb per week. We recommend Event Organizers have a "Premium" or "Enterprise" Vimeo membership if they plan on utilizing this functionality.
Please go to https://vimeo.com/ to learn more about packages and pricing.
1. Click into a Session
2. Change the view to 'Edit'
3. Click on the pencil icon
4. Click on the pencil icon.
5. Click on 'Video'
6. Click the caret on the right-hand corner and then select 'Vimeo Video'
7. Login to your Vimeo account and click on 1. Manage Videos 2. My Videos 3. Click on the video you want to embed.
8. On the left had side of the page, click on 1. Embed and then 2. Embed Code, which will open the code
9. Copy the 9 digit Video ID from the embed code as highlighted below in yellow.
10. Place your Vimeo Video ID here in Expo Pass
NOTE: When setting the "Available Until" time within your viewing screen for a VIDEO Session, please note that this is the time that the session will expire/shut down. ALL ATTENDEES IN THE SESSION AT THIS TIME WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE SESSION. Please make sure when setting this time to account for a time buffer in case your session goes over the expected time.
That's it - you've now embed a Vimeo Video into your event session 🎉
Want to add CHAT to your recorded video session?
Not a problem with Expo Pass!
- Start by creating a Live Event in Vimeo. You must do this since the Chat Embed Code is only generated from a Live Event.
Vimeo Chat must be enabled in the Live Event settings for this to work. Please refer to the Vimeo help article here.
When selecting the Privacy settings for your Live Event in Vimeo, make sure to select Hide from Vimeo for this to work. Please refer to the Vimeo help article on Privacy Settings here.
For additional help from Vimeo, please refer to the Vimeo Help Center.
Once you've created your Vimeo Live Event with the correct settings:
1. Click on Embed
2. Open the Chat embed code
3. Copy the 9 digit Event Chat ID that immediately follows the "...chat/" -- see yellow highlighted text below.
4. In your Session in Expo Pass, turn on 'Enable Chat?', by toggling right and now appear green
5. Place your 9 digit Vimeo Event Chat ID here in Expo Pass
That's it - you've now embed a Vimeo Video into your event session 🙌