What is Zapier?
Zapier is a web based service that allows you to link web applications together. Developers can create a Zapier application for their product that defines ways data can be exchanged with their platform. In this way you can use Zapier to send data from one platform to another platform. It is up to each web application to integrate themselves with Zapier. You'll find many of the applications you use daily are integrated with Zapier!
What data is available through Zapier?
We'll send data to Zapier when one of the following occurs:
- New Registration
- New Transaction
- Attendee Check In
- Attendee Badge Print
New Registration - When an attendee registers for your event we'll pass along the following information:
- *any custom attendee fields also get added
New Transaction - When a new registration occurs we also are able to send transaction information. This is a separate request from the attendee data. We pass along the following data:
Check In OR Badge Print - When an attendee checks in at a kiosk OR prints a badge from the kiosk the following data is sent:
- *any custom attendee fields also get added
How to Use Zapier
First, email you Event Success Manager, so Expo Pass can send you a Zapier Expo invite. This will allow you to use Expo Pass on Zapier.
**We will send this invite to the Event Owner Email for your event.
Next, create a Zapier account using the same email address as the Event Owner Email on your event in Expo Pass.
Now start building "Zaps" to automate connections between apps you use everyday. A Zap typically consists of a trigger and an action. You will choose a trigger from application A and an action from application B. You will define how data from the trigger event gets used within the action event.
Once completed, anytime application A spawns the selected trigger, it will cause the action you defined in application B to occur. Select "Make a Zap!" to get started.
Choose a Trigger App
You begin the process by selecting the Trigger App. Since you will be Beta testing our integration, our application will be listed as "Expo Pass (1.0.1)" and will have a "By Invite" header on it (note that sometimes you will need to refresh the Choose a Trigger App screen before our application will show up!).
Select a Trigger
We currently support two triggers: New Transaction and New Registration.
- A New Transaction is fired each time a registration transaction is completed. When multiple attendees have been created within the same transaction, you will receive one transaction event.
- A New Registration is fired each time a new attendee is registered. While multiple attendees registered in the same transaction will fire one New Transaction event, you will receive one New Registration event for each attendee. Note that manually added attendees currently will not spawn a New Registrant event. Select the desired trigger and continue.
In order to link to your data you will need to authenticate with Expo Pass. Click "Connect an Account" which will open up a login screen.
You will need to login as the event owner on your event in Expo Pass in order to access these triggers.
Once authenticated, select the desired account and continue.
Set up Trigger
Here you will need to select the desired event. The drop down will populate with events owned by the Expo Pass user you authenticated with. Note that you will only see upcoming events in this drop down. Select your desired conference and continue.
Pick A Sample To Set Up Your Zap
The system will populate a number of sample registrants for you based off of the event you selected. Choosing one will allow you to interact with the sample data while completing the rest of the Zap. You can expand a Registrant to see a listing of their data. Choose a sample Registrant and continue.
Almost finished here!
You've just completed the Expo Pass side of your Zap! Now you will need to define the action side of the Zap that dictates what you do with this Expo data. Click "Your Zap currently lacks an Action step. Add one now!" to proceed.
- **Any app you interact with from here on out is outside of Expo Pass's control. Be sure to review the available actions for your desired action app and make sure the web app you wish to use is integrated with Zapier.
Ready to turn on your Zap?
Now the final step. You need to name your Zap and turn it on.
- Note that you will not receive any events from our system unless the Zap is turned on!
- Also note that Zapier has its own costs associated with usage. Please refer to their pricing page for more information: https://zapier.com/app/billing/plans/
If you have any other questions, please reach out to your dedicated Event Success Manager or review other help articles in our: